Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bragging.

I sometimes have to pinch myself that what I see is real. On a bamboo raft cruising down the river with this gorgeous film-like landscape in front of me. The big dramatic hills often seen in Ang Lee movies or Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. It's amazing but also so fun! I shared my raft with this new found friend and amazing entertainer named David who can sing "Hit Me Baby One More Time" like no other.

I think Yongshou has been the highlight of my trip so far. It's incredibly tourist, the main street reminding me at times of the night market in Chiang Mai at it's worst with horrible singers bawling out from one tackily named bar after another and epileptic lights. But that does make it quite homey as well. The closer we get to Thailand the more I hear myself talk about it. We even rode motorcycles today! Best thing ever!!!

Tomorrow we plan to mudwrestle in the Moon Cave and afterwards swim to our hearts content. It's so rough living in 30 celcius of heat! =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Your trip seems like an amazing adventure so far. Really exciting to hear what you guys are up to. Eagerly awaiting next post...

And happy birthday to you Clara today! Talk about being able to have a creative birthday party, when you're on the other side of the world.

/Julian